2020 will mark the end of the Magento 1.x era. Thus, the company will stop providing security patches for this version of the platform. It will become more vulnerable for hackers, will gain functionality issues, and won't receive any updates. So, if you're an active Magento 1.x user, it's high time to start planning for the future. You still have a few months to make a carefully considered and weighed decision. Today's post is dedicated to the most useful pre- and post-migration Magento plugins (including Magento 2 Migration extension). They will help you increase the total revenue, attract more customers, ensure high positions in search engines, and enhance your store performance.
What Should I Do After the Magento 1.x Closes?
There are several options to choose from. It is possible to stay on the current version of your platform and do nothing. But be prepared that with the lack of updates and a number of weak points your store won't remain competitive forever. Another way out is to upgrade your store to the latest version - Magento 2.x. Alternatively, you can begin searching for the new platform that would satisfy your needs and expectations.
What Are the Most Popular Magento 2.x Extensions in 2020?
First of, if you've decided not to miss on your store's functionality and move to the Magento 2.x, we advise you to consider installing the following extension:
Cart2Cart M2 Upgrade
Every business owner understands the complexity of switching platforms. To ease the process of store migration to Magento 2.x, we advise you to download the Cart2Cart M2 Upgrade extension. This Magento 2 migration extension helps users transfer data across platforms in an automated way with minimal human involvement. By installing Cart2Cart M2 Upgrade, you'll get the possibility to migrate products, product categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, coupons, reviews, multistore, CMS pages, etc. from your Magento 1.x to the Magento 2.x store just within a few clicks.
The benefits of upgrading your store with the Cart2Cart's extension include:
- Free Demo Migration option available
- Wide range of supported entities
- No coding skills needed
- 100% data security
- Migration process doesn't interfere with the store's performance
- 24/7 live support
- Flexible pricing that depends on the number of entities you are planning to transfer
- Additional migration options that ease data transfer (e.g., Preserve order IDs on Target Store, Create 301 redirects on your target store after migration, Migrate customers' passwords, Migrate categories and products SEO URLs, etc.)
Please note! If you wish to migrate customers' passwords, please, install Cart2Cart Magento 2 Passwords Migration Plugin to ensure seamless data transfer.
Also, if you wish to migrate to Magento from other platforms, all the necessary extensions can be downloaded here.
Once you've migrated your store to the Magento 2.x platform, it's the right moment to check out our list of top Magento extensions that will definitely come in handy in 2020:
Smart One Step Checkout
Smart One Step Checkout is considered to be one of the best extensions that ease and speed up the checkout process. It helps merchants to reduce the number of abandoned carts and increase the sales rate. The fully-customized checkout page is now client-centered and user-friendly. Buyers can log in, change items in the cart, use discount coupons and gift cards, directly from it. Moreover, the "Place Order" button is always visible for the customers, which minimizes the number of steps that lead to the purchase.
Benefits of using Smart One Step Checkout include:
- Quick and trouble-free checkout
- Mobile responsiveness and adjustable design
- Configurable checkout parameters
- Effectiveness of checkout and the number of abandoned carts reporting
- Automatic fill-in with Google Auto Suggest and GEO IP
- Editable orders (delivery date, shipping, and billing)
- Guest checkout, etc.
Social Login extension is an excellent tool that helps customers log in to the Magneto store using social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest, Linkedin, Instagram, etc.). Therefore, they are deprived of trouble registering new accounts and remembering additional passwords. Once the user clicks the desired social network button, his account is being linked to the store, and all the necessary data is taken from the social profile.
Benefits of Social Login extension:
- Quick registration and authorization processes
- Support of various social networks
- Increased security
- Mobile Friendliness
- Detailed information about customers
- Ability to manage and unlink social media accounts
- User experience personalization
- Responsive design, etc.
SEO Suite Ultimate
SEO Suite Ultimate is another extension that will assist you in strengthening the store's positions in the search results list and improving online visibility. The tool provides users with a substantial number of functions and relieves them of trouble manually dealing with on-page SEO activities like finding duplications, dealing with indexation, improving URLs, meta titles, descriptions and tags, setting up redirects, etc. It's compatible with Magento 2 security patches, receives free updates and technical support.
Benefits of the SEO Suite Ultimate extension:
- Ability to add canonical URLs and detect duplicate content
- Website indexation for search engines
- SEO meta-templates for multiple store pages (meta titles, descriptions, keywords, etc.)
- Support of rich snippets in search results and social media
- SEO redirects that help to solve URL problems, upgrading CMS, moving to another platform
- Use of internal and external links
- Support of hreflang tags
- HTML and XML sitemaps
- Layered Navigation templates, etc.
Price: Free to download, includes a 14-day free trial
LiveChat is a useful Magento extension that is aimed at enhancing client servicing and online commerce. This tool helps merchants communicate with customers, answer their questions, and solve all the arising problems without any delay. Its algorithm of work is simple - store's visitors can either write to you via LiveChat window at the right bottom of a webpage or, alternatively, you can send them an instant chat invitation. Therefore, it will help you increase the store's credibility, and the number of happy customers, resolve the existing issues, raise the website's popularity and boost sales. The Live Chat widget is fully customizable.
It's main benefits include:
- Access to numerous chat tools (e.g., chat tags, archives, notifications, file sharing, etc.)
- Customer engagement (e.g., personalized greetings, chat buttons, ticket forms, etc.)
- Full customizability
- Ability to use reports and analytics
- Enhanced level of security
- Integration with the most popular Magento 2 apps
- Ticketing system
- Synchronization with the mobile app, etc.
Price: Free / Growth Plan (starting at $29 / month)
Yotpo is also considered to be one of the must-haves for the Magento 2 store owners. It's a powerful tool for collecting reviews, ratings, and photos from the clients, growing conversions take advantage of visual marketing, and draw traffic. Yotpo helps business owners seamlessly collect the necessary data (e.g., reviews, photos, videos, etc.) and display it to customers. It's an excellent way of increasing trust, sales, and popularity of your store. The user-friendly dashboard gives merchants access to all the feedback and allows them to optimize stores to meet customers' requirements. Yotpo free plan will be suitable for newbies and small store owners since it includes:
- Up to 50 orders per month
- Reviews Widget, Reviews Tab and Star Ratings
- Social Push and SEO Page
- Review Request Emails
- Advanced Moderation and Commenting
Information on other pricing plans can be found here.
Price: Free to download (additional fees may apply)
The Nosto extension aims at analyzing the data from a store and automatically recommending the most appropriate products to the customers in real-time using the AI (based on their online behavior and interaction with different groups of articles). It helps merchants improve clients' engagement and total income rates, drive more sales, and increase average order value. Additionally, the app will provide you with the possibility to carry out promo campaigns and alter the current ones all by yourself. The user-friendly interface and accessible tools make it possible to customize the Nosto according to the specific needs of your online business (e.g., display popular and best-selling items, suggest supplementary or pricey products, etc.).
Benefits of using Nosto extension:
- On-spot product recommendations and content personalization
- Risk-free deployment and fast go-to-market
- Build-in integration with the leading eCommerce software
- Ability to operate with large product catalogs and traffic
- Personalized interaction with clients via emails, Facebook and Instagram feeds
More information on Nosto's pricing plans can be found here.
Follow Up Email
Email marketing is another powerful strategy that assists in sales increase. With the help of the Follow Up Email extension, store owners get the possibility to send emails to their customers depending on the specific trigger event (e.g., cart abandonment, change in order status, new client registration, newsletter subscription, review submission, customer's birthday, etc.). Moreover, it is possible to configure the app to send these personalized emails at a particular time and date. Additionally, Follow Up Emails supports the A/B testing of emails and provides users with efficiency reports.
Main benefits of Follow Up Emails extension:
- Support of trigger events follow-ups
- Ready-made and highly customizable email templates
- Build-in editor for composing custom emails
- A/B testing mode and reports on campaign effectiveness
- Ability to plan email distribution
- Automated spam-free email chains
- Easy-to-use interface
Taking into account the popularity of Instagram, it is impossible not to mention the Instagram Integration extension. It was developed specifically for those merchants, wishing to sell their products on this well-known social media platform. This app links the products from a store to the images of an Instagram profile. Therefore, it eases the shopping process and makes it more convenient for the customers. Moreover, Instagram Integration is an excellent tool that assists store owners in creating an online reputation, branding, higher search ranking, and improving conversion rates.
Instagram Integration benefits:
- Ability to tag items on Instagram posts
- Use of sneak peeks that are linked to the store's website
- Call-to-action button
- Full customization to correspond to the store's design
- Possibility to track customer engagement with posts
- Constant updates from the manufacturer
Layered Navigation extension helps to speed up the purchasing process and increase conversion rates by narrowing the on-store search. It enables customers to sort products according to the type, color, size, brand, and other attributes. Additional filters include new arrivals, items in stock, products on sale. Also, it is possible to choose a few product features without reloading the page. This app will be especially useful for those business owners, whose online stores have a large variety of items to choose from. Therefore, Layered Navigation will improve user-friendliness, reduce filtering time, and drive more satisfied clients to the store.
Benefits of Layered Navigation include:
- Multiple filtering options
- Easy-to-use navigation
- Ajax loading page to instantly display all the matching results
- Slider to filter the range of price and size
- Possibility to use on any portable device
- Ability to handle SEO issues (change URLs, disable indexes, meta titles, and descriptions, redirects, etc.)
- Show X More button instead of scroll bars
- Free Shop by Brand extension is included in the price
How to Choose the Right Extension?
Taking into consideration the endless list of Magento 2.x extensions that can be downloaded from the official Magento Marketplace, it is essential not to be mistaken and make the right choice. There are lots of plugins that provide the same functionality but can impact the store's performance differently. The first thing that should be kept in mind when deciding on installing an app is its ratings and reviews. An extension that has hundreds of positive reviews and highest ratings is usually considered to be secure. Secondly, pay attention to the update frequency (release of bug fixes, improvements, or new features). It often happens that some of the extensions were not updated since the release. And, lastly, make sure that the app was created by the Magento partners or Magento-certified developers. In that case, the company guarantees that the plugin won't affect your store in any way.
We hope that our list of top Magento 2.x extensions will be useful for both experienced Magento store owners and newbies in the online retail business. Please be reminded that postponing Magento 2.x migration is no longer an option. So, in order not to miss on sales and productiveness, we advise you to schedule a store switch using one of the Magento 2 migration extensions as soon as possible. Give your business a fresh start and enjoy its success in the future!
If, by any chance, you've decided to look for another platform, here's a list of Magento 1.x alternatives