If your current platform doesn't suit you the way it should, no worries. There's a perfect way out - replatforming. Today's post will be useful for those who plan to switch from WooCommerce to Shopify. We'll outline the benefits of migrating to Shopify and provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to perform the data transfer. So, read on!
How to Migrate from WooCommerce to Shopify in 4 Steps
- Connect your WooCommerce and Shopify stores.
- Select the data entities and extra migration options.
- Test-drive the Shopify platform by running a free demo migration.
- Launch the full migration process and switch from WooCommerce to Shopify.
What is WooCommerce to Shopify Migration?
WooCommerce to Shopify migration will help you transfer the eCommerce data (customers, products, orders and more) from an old platform to a new one. An automated migration is a perfect way out for those who lack tech skills and wish to get it done quickly and trouble-free.
WooCommerce is an open-source plugin for WordPress. At the moment, it powers 4,414,537 live websites and holds the leading position among all the eCommerce platforms (28%). WooCommerce was explicitly designed to meet the needs of small to large-sized businesses.
Can't decide which platform will suit you better? Run a free demo with Cart2Cart to test-drive the new solution no strings attached!
Shopify is a hosted solution that is suitable for businesses of any size due to its flexibility. 3,298,025 live websites are currently using Shopify as their home platform (20% in the eCommerce usage distribution).
Statistically speaking (according to Google Trends), Shopify’s popularity has increased over the past few years:
Why Choose Shopify?
Shopify is viewed as one of the most popular and fastest-growing eCommerce platforms on the market. Shopify has been designed to assist merchants in building flexible, customizable stores with numerous noteworthy out-of-the-box features, countless apps, and themes. It enables business owners to sell products straight from the websites or via various marketplaces and social media channels.
The benefits of switching to Shopify include:
- User-friendly interface
- Ease of use
- Variety of free templates and apps
- Hosting is "included."
- Affordable pricing plans that depend on the size of the store
- 24/7 customer support and lots of self-aid documentation
- In-build security and two-factor authentication
- Top-notch SEO features
- Multi-channel integration
Get rid of all the migration-related issues by automating the process of WooCommerce to Shopify replatforming with the Cart2Cart Store Migration App.
How to Migrate from WooCommerce to Shopify Automatedly?
In a case, you've decided to perform WooCommerce to Shopify migration, Cart2Cart will lend you a helping hand. The process of data transfer is fully automated, so you don't need to possess deep coding skills. The time of migration depends on the quantity of data entities you wish to move. All you have to do is to follow an easy step-by-step instruction.
Prepare Your WooCommerce Store
To do so, we advise you to follow these steps:
- Perform your current store's audit to get rid of all the outdated and unnecessary data (e.g., product details, categories, passwords, orders, reviews, etc.)
- Please note that Cart2Cart doesn't delete any files from your WooCommerce store, but it is highly advisable to backup all the content to any of the external devices
- Ensure your future Shopify plan provides enough capacity to store all the products you are planning to move
- Calculate the exact price of WooCommerce to Shopify migration with the help of free Cart2Cart's Migration Estimator
Set up Source and Target Stores
Select WooCommerce as a Source cart from the pop-up menu and enter the store's URL. After that, install a Connection Bridge. To perform that, download a file to your computer and unpack it from the zip archive. Then paste it to store root directory. For more detailed information, please watch our video tutorial:
Choose Shopify as your Target cart and install the "Migration for Shopify" app.
Decide on the Data Entities
At this point, you will be able to choose entities, which you wish to transfer to the Shopify store. You will also be able to select additional options.
We recommend our clients to pay attention to the following additional migration options that would ease the process of store switch:
- Migrate Source Store customer groups into customer tags
- Migrate Source Store categories into Shopify Automated Collections
- Preserve order IDs on Target Store
- Create 301 redirects on your target store after migration
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs
- Shopping carts usually organize store entities differently. Thus, products are organized into collections with particular tags (Shopify categories and subcategories).
- Also, in its stores' URLs, Shopify puts collection instead of category, adds word "product" to each product page, and changes dots into dashes at the end of the links.
- When migrating Customers to Shopify, Cart2Cart will automatically establish a new default "unknown" Shopify email address if the customer's email on the Source cart is incorrect. The same will happen during the migration of Orders (in case they are not linked to particular customers, and were created in the guest mode.
Start Demo Migration
Demo Migration is the process, which will help you to understand how the service works. Cart2Cart will transfer up to 10 entities to Shopify for free just within 30 minutes. It is advisable not to skip this option. Also, please, do not close a browser window when Demo Migration is in progress.
Launch Full Migration
In case you are satisfied with Demo Migration results, the next stage is the Full Migration of your store from WooCommerce to Shopify. Before you start, check entities one more time and make sure you have enough funds. Now press Start Full Migration button.
The process of migration will take some time, so at this point, you can close a browser window and continue running your business. You will receive an email notification when migration is completed. After that, proceed to the last step of our guide.
How to Migrate WooCommerce Products
Sometimes it is necessary to migrate the WooCommerce products only. Thus, there are a few options for that:
- Download any of the available WP product migration plugins.
- Import WooCommerce products using a CSV file and than export them into Shopify store.
- Use an automated migration tool Cart2Cart that will help you migrate the necessary data effortlessly.
Be sure to read our WooCommerce export products guide that provides all the necessary tips for a successful data transfer.
How to Export Orders from WooCommerce
WooCommerce platform doesn't have the necessary functionality to export orders manually, but there are lots of apps available that will help you cope with the task. Alternatively, you may run an automated migration with Cart2Cart and tick only the "Orders" box while configuring the transfer. The tool will move the data with no extra effort needed.
Post-Migration Tips & Tricks
Once the Full Migration is completed, please consider the following:
- Check the performance of the store - the frontend, links, categories, etc. Also, try to make a test purchase to check if everything works properly.
- Install the theme and all the necessary apps from the marketplace.
- Invite your customers to reactivate their accounts. As an alternative, you may use the paid app "Bulk Account Invite Sender." It will automatically send the invitation to all your clients.
- Keep in mind that Shopify perceives each transferred order as the newly-made. Thus, you will receive multiple notifications concerning the creation of orders (which are actually the transferred ones). To disable these notifications, log in to Shopify, go to settings->notifications and click "Disable" in the right bottom corner of the page.
- In case new data entities (e.g., orders, customers, etc.) have appeared on your WooCommerce store during or after the migration, we can offer you to use the Recent Data Migration service.
- Should you have other questions concerning the migration process, please check out the Shopify's Detailed migration guide.
WooCommerce to Shopify Migration FAQ Block
Can you migrate WordPress to Shopify?
Absolutely. Use an automated migration tool Cart2Cart to quickly and effortlessly transfer your eCommerce data like products, orders, customers, etc. from WooCommmerce to Shopify with no coding skills needed.
Should I move from WooCommerce to Shopify?
Yes, if you wish to get the all-in-one user-friendly platform with tons of apps and templates, affordable pricing and 24/7 customer support.
How does Shopify integrate with WordPress?
You can easily link two platforms by installing the Buy Button. To get started just set up a Shopify store and create a Buy Button for your WordPress site.
Can you convert WooCommerce to Shopify?
Absolutely. All you have to do is select the data you wish to migrate and Cart2Cart migration tool will help you move it automatedly from WooCommerce to Shopify in just a few hours. What's more, there's no need to put your sales on hold while the transfer is in progress.
Can you import orders into Shopify?
Sure. You can import products from any website to Shopify via CSV file or use an automated migration tool Cart2Cart that will do the job for you.
That's practically all you have to know to perform the successful WooCommerce to Shopify migration. As you can see, store transfer is not that difficult, especially when done with proper guidance. Don't wait any longer and take your business to new heights!
Don't hesitate - migrate your store with Cart2Cart today and benefit from it tomorrow! Run a free demo now