To save all the images on 3DCart after the source cart is removed, you need to transfer them physically to a target server. Cart2Cart doesn't actually move images, but only generates the link to images on the source server. During migration setup you can generate image URLs by selecting the corresponding extra option. When you select this option after the migration, you have to copy the folder with images from the source shopping cart to 3DCart.
- Check a detailed instruction on how to connect to 3DCart server and move your images on the example of FileZilla FTP client.
- Create a new site in FileZilla (File->Site Manager)
- In the appeared window press a New Site button. Name the item, for example, 3DCart.
- Select the site you’ve made and set up a new connection in the right side of the window.
- Go to Menu “General”
- Fill in host details.
- Protocol-> FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption-> Require implicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type-> Normal
- Specify user name and password
- Enter 990 port number
- Go to Menu “Transfer Settings”
- Transfer mode -> Passive
- Press OK to save changes.
- In the control panel choose the site to connect to the server.
- During the connection, you will be asked to confirm that the server is trusted. Mark “Always trust certificate in future sessions” and press OK.
- In the right part of the window you will see the structure of folders on the 3DCart server.
- Enter the following path: /web/assets/images and upload here the folder with images from the source shopping cart. (For example, in Magento this folder called media)
To perform a 3dcart migration, you'll have to use REST API in cart's admin panel.
Here's how exactly:
1. Go to Modules from the Admin panel of your 3dcart store
2. Find REST API module and press “+” button to expand
3. Click on “Change Settings”
4. Click “Add” and paste the following key c4c058b5bcd65352cf6c79d9931fcfdb into Public Key field
5. Proceed with clicking “Add” button located on the right from Public Key field
6. When Cart2Cart application is found, click “Authorize”
7. Proceed to the Migration Wizard to continue migration setup(more…)
In case when Cart2Cart does not perform image resize automatically, pay attention that 3DCart has a peculiarity considering this issue. You need to use HTML code for setting the thumbnails to your product images: specify width and height in the HTML tag, e.g <img src="https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/cart2cart.jpg" width="200" height="85" alt="Cart2Cart">
More information about the modification process you can find on 3DCart site.(more…)
Please, ensure there's at least one customer created in your 3dcart store. If not, you won't be able to setup the migration properly
Due to technical restrictions of REST API 3dcart uses and the platform itself, migration to and from 3dcart has certain peculiarities you should know about.
- Customer groups won’t be migrated to 3dcart
- Reviews won’t be migrated either to or from 3dcart
- All order statuses will be imported to 3dcart as “New”
- Migration of Shipping info (e.g. tracking number and weight) to 3dcart is possible from Magento only
- Migration of invoices to 3dcart is possible from Magento and PrestaShop only (they’ll be migrated to “Transactions” section under the Type “Sale” and Methods “Manual”)
Also, to avoid duplication of orders during the data transfer via REST API, you should clear them manually afterwards Demo migration. To do it, log in your 3dcart admin panel, go to “Orders”, enter C2C in a search field and delete the results. Then, you may proceed to Migration Wizard and launch Full migration.
Have any questions? Feel free to contact us: email@example.com(more…)