To make customers passwords transfer possible, you’ll have to download our plugin (for free) and install it in PrestaShop admin panel before or after the migration. Here’s how you do it:
1. Download Cart2Cart Prestashop Passwords Migration Plugin
2. Enter your PrestaShop store via FTP, proceed to the Modules directory and unzip plugin’s files
3. Log in to PrestaShop admin panel and navigate to the Modules and Services menu
4. Press Add New Module
5. Upload the plugin in .zip format
6. Update the modules list, find Cart2Cart plugin and press install
7. Wait for the confirmation message that should say Module(s) installed successfully!
Also, you can transfer passwords from one PrestaShop version to another. It doesn’t require module installation but you’ll need to perform some post-migration manipulations.
When the migration is finished:
Step to the root folder of your Source cart
Enter “config” folder
Open “settings.inc.php” file as a text document
Copy COOKIE_KEY code
After copying COOKIE_KEY code, enter the same directory but on your Target cart (/root folder/config/settings.inc.php) and replace the COOKIE_KEY you see with the one you’ve copied from Source cart.
On this point, the migration of customer passwords is completely finished. The last step would be your admin account password recovery (required for admin accounts only).
Click on “Lost password?”, enter email and a new password to your admin account will be sent.
Note: If you're migrating to a Cart2Cart test store (Migration Preview) - you won't be able to reach the "config" folder, since you won't have shop's FTP access. Therefore, if you'd like to see passwords after the transfer to the test store, contact us, we'll perform all the needed post-migration manipulations for you.