Lately, Magento shopping cart draws a lot of attention with its robust functionality and vast customization opportunities. As a result, many companies perform Magento migration to boost sales, enhance business processes, and increase ROI. Let’s investigate the leading platform’s capabilities and outline the core peculiarities of Magento migration to help you run the transfer swiftly and effortlessly.
Magento Shopping Cart: Quick Glance at Key Aspects
Being released in 2008, the open-source eCommerce software fits the needs of the established retailers and enterprises. The flexible platform stands out the professional design and the following features:
- touch-friendly and simply-customized Magento themes;
- effective SEO that enables you with automatically generate Google sitemap and create search engine friendly URLs;
- integration with multiple payment gateways like PayPal, Braintree, Authorize.net, CyberSource;
- catalog management with a possibility to create the configurable (e.g., choose size, color, etc.), bundled, and grouped products;
- Magento’s marketplace includes an array of extensions that are already built into the core product.
How Much Does Magento cost
Concerning Magento pricing, you can select between the two subscriptions: Magento Community that is free to download, and Magento Enterprise. Regarding the online store building part, the first edition comes without development support, so remember to save a buck on buying your host, domain name, etc.
Now, when you have got acquainted with the essential solution’s peculiarities, what are the steps that have to be taken for Magento migration running smoothly? Among the set of recommendations, let’s highlight the most critical ones on how to prepare your e-store for the upcoming change.
Magento Migration Tutorial: Useful Insights to Import
ECommerce data switch is a common, if not necessary step towards your online shop growth. However, the transfer can be complex and come across some pitfalls. If you want to go through the Magento migration procedure without intensive hands-on, you've landed in the right place. Follow the next suggestions to complete Magento import in the proper way:
How to Prepare to Magento Migration?
Outline your plan and set up the flexible schedule. Put the most complicated decisions upfront and address them by their importance. For example, several entities require cleansing, or Magento import products should take place.
Determine the Size of Your Database
The data migration can’t go too far without a thorough analysis of the eCommerce items. After the records’ cleansing is behind, investigate how many entities should be switched. The process helps you identify the starting point for the data quality and reveal the potential issues.
Prepare Data Backup
Since eCommerce entities are the core of your future database, make sure to exclude any possible information loss. In this case, it is recommended to create a backup of your e-shop and keep it even after the transfer is over.
What Are the Magento Migration Peculiarities?
As all shopping carts have their peculiarities, migration to Magento is not an exception. Consider the following aspects before performing the migrate Magento:
- Magento includes the limitations on creating a couple of customers with the same email. So, when you are importing to Magento, you get only one customer with a particular email on your future solution together with all orders.
- The price on your current platform and Magento may differ due to the Magento settings. In this case, Magento lets you adjust the price and tax in accordance with your business requirements. If you want to hide the product prices on your Magento store, read here
- Magento offers the fixed attributes sets. In this case, every number of attributes can get its unique attribute set. Get more information here.
- Concerning the Magento functionality, some products are transferring to the simple products. However, if your product includes a variant, it will move to the configurable product automatically.
- Magento provides you an ability to create the multi languages through the store view. Every storeview can have its own appropriate language. Let more information on how to add the new language in Magento here.
- Magento has certain prefixes for the order IDs that are based on the e-store IDs. Check out our FAQ and learn the useful insights.
How To Perform Magento Migration?
There are several ways to perform the eCommerce data import. You can do the transition manually on your own or hire the developer to run the migration. The procedure can take a lot of time and effort, so many companies tend to select an automated Magento migration tool. In this case, you can benefit from the Cart2Cart automated migration service. The SaaS helps you perform the switch sweetly and securely and offers you the following beneficial features:
- guaranteed data security since the SaaS treats all data privately;
- total uptime of the existing shopping cart to keep selling during the process;
- free Demo Migration to check the service in action;
- Migration Insurance to run the import over if you decide to make some changes.
Now, when you are ready for the Magento migration, perform the following steps and here you go:
- Register Cart2Cart account or log in via your social networks.
- Provide your current platform’s credentials like URL, API Path, etc.
- Select Magento as your future platform and fill out its URL.
- Then, tick the entities you want importing to the desired solution, as well as choose other options to improve the data transfer opportunities.
- Also, map the fields and run Demo Migration if needed.
- Now, if you are satisfied with test results and ready to perform the Full Migration, launch Magento data migration.
- Check your frontend first - see if your products are visible in catalogs, and onsite search is working.
- Go through links in menus, header, footer and inside the pages.
- Optimize your Magento store speed following easy-to-implement detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Perform a test purchase to explore if everything runs in the right way. You can try to perform the process a few times to be safe.
- Improve Magento security following the suggestions and recommendations.
- Learn more information on how to manage the online shop after Magento import here.
Drawing up Conclusion
The decision of migrating to a new shopping cart is critical that requires time and efforts for preparing your business and budget. Thus, it is important to create a workable plan for Magento import and set up the clear future organization’s goals. The successful Magento data migration can lead to the advantages related to the e-store process optimization and revenue growth.