How can we help you?
I use Cart2Cart for the first time. What do I have to know about the migration process?
Cart2Cart is not complicated even for the first time use. You need to follow Migration Wizard instructions and it will guide you through all migration process. However, the following tips may also be useful.
- Make sure that Source and Target stores are installed properly (please check scripts and database) before using Cart2Cart service. You may skip this step if you’re using hosted stores (SaaS).
Stores should have different URL addresses.
For example, if you need to migrate to a new store on the same domain just install your Target store into subfolder or site subdomain (for example: www.mystore.com is Source URL, and www.mystore.com/newstore/ or newstore.mystore.com are Target URLs).
- Download Connection Bridges and install them to both Source and Target sites as described in https://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/faq/10-general-questions/47-what-are-the-connection-bridge-files-and-how-to-download-them
- Turn off site redirects to ensure that bridge works correctly.There are 3 ways to turn off redirects:
- Web hosting control panel is a web-based interface that allows customers to manage their hosted services including redirects (cPanel, AlternC, Baifox, DirectAdmin, etc.) To remove an existing redirect in cPanel you have to click a cross button corresponding to the redirect you would like to remove. After that you have to confirm your decision by clicking Yes.
- Enter shopping cart maintenance mode and make changes (turn off redirects) in source code if you are an owner of open source cart. In a case, you use hosted platform, ask support to help you.
- Check if there are redirects on your shopping cart with the help of .htaccess file. Usually you just need to rename or add a few lines to your .htaccess file to turn off redirects.
If your Demo migration has been completed successfully you can start the FULL migration.
Once the migration has been started you may close your browser window. You can view your migration progress/status on “My Migrations” page.
If you need a help to perform a migration you can use Support Service Package and our professional team will make the migration for you.