How Preserve IDs options can be used?
Among many different migration options Cart2Cart allows to:
- Preserve product IDs on the Target Store
- Preserve order IDs on the Target Store
- Preserve customer IDs on the Target Store
- Preserve category IDs on the Target Store
These options are available for different shopping carts. You may check the supported carts page to ensure that you can migrate such data.
Please note, there are cases when IDs preservation has limitations:
- you can use preservation of IDs only if you choose Delete current data from the Target Store before the migration option.
- you can't use preservation or the Delete current data from the Target Store before the migration option if you use Recent Data Migration.
- if there are no entitities on your Target platform or your Target cart is Shopify or WooCommerce, the Delete current data option isn't necessary.
- you can't choose the Delete current data option within Recent Data migration. However, the Preserve IDs of certain entities option is available within your Recent Data migration if no new entities have been added to your Target store after the Full migration.
Note: if the Target is Shopify or WooCommerce - the Preserve Orders Ids option is available.