HTTP Error Code 403 Forbidden, Access Denied
Access to certain files or folders is limited.
- Check the access permissions. For bridge2cart folder specify the file permissions 755. For files in the folder specify permissions 644.
- Contact your system administrator to find out if there are no access restrictions for bridge file. Usually, restrictions are specified in .htaccess file.
- The main page file of your site should be called index.shtml, index.html, index.htm, index.phtml or index.php. Use only lowercase characters (files index.html and Index.html - are two completely different files).To resolve error, upload an index page to your html directory. If you already have a home page called something else - home.html for example - you have a couple of options:
- Rename your home page to index.shtml, index.html, index.htm, index.phtml or index.php.
- Set up a redirect on the index page to your real home page.
- Set a different default home page in your .htaccess file.
- A 403 Forbidden error can also be caused by incorrect ownership or permissions on your web content files and folders.
Posted in: Wizard Questions