How to create FTP access with the help of cPanel?
FTP accounts provide access to your online store’s files through a protocol FTP. To create such access follow these steps:
- Login into your website cPanel.
- In the Files section, choose FTP Accounts.
- To login into your account via FTP, enter “yourdomain.com” as your FTP host, the username and password. Please, note! You should use strong passwords, opt for “Password Generator” to create one.
- In the Directory field, an assumed directory based on the FTP username will be auto created. But this is not correct. In this field you should delete everything after your store root folder. This could be public_html, httpdocs, htdocs, html.
- FTP quota is the maximum amount of bandwidth the FTP user may use. Thus, while creating FTP account for data migration set the “Unlimited” quota to use the total amount of bandwidth for the cPanel account.
- Click “Create FTP Account”.
Posted in: General Questions