How can I add a new language to my shopping cart?
To perform shopping cart migration with the preservation of your Source Cart’s multiple languages, the corresponding languages need to be added and configured properly in your Target Cart before the data transfer.
For example, if you have English and Spanish languages set up in your Source Cart, they both need to be present as available languages in Target Cart. Moreover, it’s crucially important to ensure each language has identical ISO code on both Source and Target cart.
Here are short guides on adding and editing languages in some of the most popular shopping carts: OpenCart, PrestaShop, Magento 1.x, Magento 2.x.
Adding languages in OpenCart / editing ISO code
- Go to OpenCart marketplace and download the necessary language you need for your store. Unzip and upload it to your OpenCart root folder.
- Now, go to OpenCart Admin Panel. Go to System→Localization→ Languages→ “Add New” Button.
- Go to README file that was included in your installation ZIP file to get the language pack info.
- Copy the info from there to fill in all the necessary fields including language name, ISO code, locale, image, directory, etc correctly. Please, make sure that the ISO code of your source and target carts are identical.
- Now, click “Save” button.
If you don’t need to add a new language but just check or alter the ISO code of an existing one, simply click “Edit” button and do the required changes.
Adding languages in PrestaShop
- Log in to PrestaShop Admin Panel. Go to “Improve” section→International →Localization→ Languages. You`ll see only English language that is set up by default.
- To add more languages, go to International →Translations →Add/Update Language.
- Add the language corresponding to your Source Cart. The ISO code will be substituted automatically depending on the language you choose.
To check whether the languages ISO codes of the Source Cart correspond to the Target ones, go to Localization→ Languages→ ISO code.
Adding languages in Magento 1.x
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Go to Magento Connect and choose the language pack you need to download and click “Install Now”.
- Then, you need to click Get the Extension Key → Select and copy it.
- Go back to your Magento Admin Panel. Choose System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager.
- Now, you need to log in to Magento Connect Manager, insert your extension key in “Install New Extensions” section.
- Press on “Install” and the language pack will appear instantly. The ISO code of the languages will be substituted automatically depending on the chosen language.
- Now click “Proceed”. That`s it! The installation procedure is over and now you can review the changes.
Make sure that the ISO code in your Source and Target carts are identical.
Adding languages in Magneto 2.x
- Download the language pack in Magento Marketplace. Follow the instructions provided in each language pack.
- Now, you'll need to add language pack to your Magento store. First, log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- On the left side of Admin Panel, choose System→Web Setup Wizard.
- Now, go to Component Manager
- After that, click “Sign in” to your Marketplace account in order to provide Public Access Key and Private Access Key.
- To find a key, go to Magento Marketplace → My Profile → Access Keys. Copy them and paste in the necessary fields.
- Now, click “Sync” button in order to synchronize the Component Manager with the Marketplace purchases. Under section New purchases click Install.
- The Extensions Grid will appear. Point out the language package for installation and click Install.
- When the installation is over, it has to be configured for your store according to the developer’s instructions which you can find in Magento Marketplace User Guide.
And of course, ensure the ISO code of the installed language is identical in both Source and Target carts.