How to migrate from X-Cart to VirtueMart?
Type in your current online shop URL. Set up the Connection Bridge file on your own or have it done automatedly by Cart2Cart.
Enter your current online shop URL. Install the Connection Bridge on your VirtueMart root folder manually or automatedly via Cart2Cart.
Choose the data types to move, match them to the corresponding VirtueMart ones and select additional migration options.
Launch free Demo to see Cart2Cart in action. Move on with the Full Migration and enjoy your brand new store in no time!
(no human involvement needed)
Success migration rate
(no human involvement needed)90%
(for store with 1 500 products)
Thanks to Cart2Cart`s flexible pricing policy, the migration price depends on the volume of transferred entities and the additional migration options you select. Simply choose your Source and Target platforms and get the approximate price of your X-Cart to VirtueMart store migration right after finishing the free Demo.
What data can be migrated from
X-Cart to VirtueMart
- Name, SKU, Short Description, Full Description, Status, Manufacturer, Tax Class.
- Price, Special Price, Sale Price.
- URL, Meta Title, Meta Keywords, Meta Description.
- Product Image, Additional Images.
- Weight, Width, Height, Depth.
- Options (Name, Price), Product Attributes (Name, Values).
- Product Variants (Weight, Attributes, Quantity, Price, Special Price, Additional image).
- Name, Description, Status.
- URL, Meta Title, Meta Description, Meta Keywords.
- Category Images.
- Name, Description, Manufacturer Images.
- Tax Class (Name, Tax Name, Rate), Tax Rates (Tax Name, Country, Percent), Tax Rules (Tax Rate, Name).
- ID, First Name, Last Name, Email, Customer Group, Created Date.
- Customer Billing Address (First Name, Last Name, Company, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code, Telephone, Fax).
- Customer Shipping Address (First Name, Last Name, Company, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code, Telephone, Fax).
- ID, Order Date, Order Status, Custom Order Status, Order Products (Name, SKU, Option), Product Price, Quantity, SubTotal Price, Discount Price, Tax Price, Shipping Price, Total Price, Order Comments, Order Status History.
- Customer Name, Email, Billing Address (First Name, Last Name, Company, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code, Telephone, Fax).
- Shipping Address (First Name, Last Name, Company, Address 1, Address 2, Country, State, City, Zip Code, Telephone, Fax).
- Coupon Code, Type Discount, Discount Amount.
- Created Date, Rate, User Name, Comment, Product.
X-Cart to VirtueMart migration FAQs
Can I migrate languages to VirtueMart?
How can I transfer my store's customers from X-Cart to VirtueMart?
Can I retry Demo migration?
- Log in to your Cart2Cart account.
- Navigate to My Migrations List.
- Find the appropriate migration where the demo is completed, and activate the "Continue Migration" button.
- Once done, get back to the second step of the Migration Wizard "Demo Migration" and simply click "Start Demo Migration" button. The Demo database transfer will start over again.
What is the cost of transfer with Cart2Cart data migration service?
- source platform type (the one you migrate from)
- target platform type (the one you transfer to)
- amount of records to move -namely, the count of products, customers, and orders.
Is it possible to try the Cart2Cart migration tool for free?
Will the migration impact my Source store sales process?
Will my migrated X-Cart store data be deleted after the migration?
No, your migrated X-Cart e-store database isn't influenced by the transfer at all. In layman's terms, the data (products, customers, order history, etc.) is simply “copied”(exported) from X-Cart and “pasted” (imported) into your new store database.
So, the data migration process is totally safe for the eCommerce website that is moved and there is no risk of losing any of the data. We guarantee 100% uptime and data security during the transfer with Cart2Cart database migration tool. In other words, you can keep selling while your Source Store data is being migrated to the new shopping cart.
How do I perform a product export from X-Cart to VirtueMart store?
How do I export orders from X-Cart platform to VirtueMart?
Does Cart2Cart migration process impact my X-Cart store performance?
How to transfer the database from X-Cart to VirtueMart?
- Select X-Cart and VirtueMart platforms from the list.
- Specify the data you want to move to VirtueMart and pick the supplementary migration options.
- Start free Demo migration to see the service in action.
- Launch the Full database migration.
Do you support the migration of attributes from X-Cart to VirtueMart?
Beginner-friendly database migration at hand
Run the X-Cart to VirtueMart migration with Cart2Cart and enjoy your online shop on a new platform
Handy tool for transferring the data across 85+ shopping carts
Starting from2 migrations
Get the chance to complete more projects with Cart2Cart at a discounted price
Full range data migration - all-in-one solution
Our pros will export the data from your X-Cart to VirtueMart - just share your migration vision with us and get it carried out for you.
“Cart2Cart is a phenomenal migration tool that saves us time, a lot of energy and money... If we had to put in the man hours, it would literally cost us 10x the amount Cart2Cart actually cost.”
Jason Sidana, Co-Founder of Midknight Genius,
Web Design&Development Agency, NY
If you handle managing your e-store, you can migrate it with Cart2Cart. No coding, no worries
Just a few hours - and all your store data is moved to its new home
The process of data transfer has no effect on the migrated store. At all
We’re ready to help import data from database dump, csv. file, a rare shopping cart etc
Get every bit of help right when you need it. Our live chat experts will eagerly guide you through the entire migration process
Cart2Cart is recommended by Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix, OpenCart, PrestaShop and other top ecommerce platforms
Your ultimate ecommerce replatforming tool
With years of data import experience, we know how to make your X-Cart to VirtueMart switch a success. Even if you have never migrated an e-shop before, with Cart2Cart, it is simple, quick, accurate, and takes just 4 simple steps!
We’re committed to protecting our customers’ data security. Check out our Security Policy
All migrations are performed on a secure dedicated Hetzner server with restricted physical access
HTTPS protocol and 128-bit SSL encryption are used to protect the data being exchanged
The most up-to-date network architecture schema, firewall and access restrictions protect our system from electronic attacks
Employee access to customer migration data is restricted, logged and audited
I had used Cart2Cart 3 years ago for a migration from OSCommerce to Joomla/Virtuemart. I struggled with Virtuemart for 3 years and am sick of it. So remembering the good job they did 3 years ago, I had them migrate my data from VirtueMart to WooCommerce. Everything went smoothly except my photos didn’t get transferred correctly. I emailed them and gave them FTP access and they got everything fixed right up. I think they went out of their way to get my stuff up and going. I will use them again when I get sick of WooCommerce unless it works like it is supposed to
You were wonderful. Very helpful. You did the demo migration and now are doing the full migration. This is saving days of work on my part in moving the data in VirtueMart to the the new version. I have other clients that will be using VirtueMart and we will need your service for them. I will mention your service in the Joomla and VirtueMart forums.
This service is just great. I actually migrate my oscommerce shop to virtuemart and of course I want to keep my customers and orders. So I did decide to use cart2cart service to do that task. The result is impressive. Everything worked without any problem.
I can recommend that service to everybody. It works great.
This was the only service that worked for X-Cart5 to PrestaShop migration. Other paid service (even a paid “pro” module on PrestaShop store) revealed completely useless. With Cart2Cart I was able to test migration and quickly see any issue on the target shop. I recommend it
We migrated a large x-cart site to shopify. This was the only app that could help us migrate hundreds of thousands of orders and customers. They were extremely knowledgeable and responsive. They answered my questions quickly and accurately. The initial migration went smoothly with no errors. The final migration at launch (to bring in the newest orders and customers) went equally as well. Data security was also handled to my satisfaction. Definitely would recommend this app.
Recently used this service to migrate a customer list from X-Cart store to new WordPress website using Woocommerce. The free demo was a great feature. Support has been very impressive. The migration itself took about 3 minutes with perfect results. I would highly recommend this service.
I have been working to migrate thousands of orders from an old X-Cart installation (v4) to a new WooCommerce installation and happened upon Cart2Cart. I was skeptical at first as X-Cart is not an easy database to navigate and I have had mixed results with other imports or exports over the years. But, I ran the Cart2Cart test import and BAM! – Perfect. This was the best $200 I ever spent. Thanks guys for the great software and customer support.
I’m very happy with their service – we migrated Xcart to WooCommerce and it got done fairly quickly as opposed to a manual of doing so..highly recommended
We used Cart2Cart to migrate our Huge X-Cart store to a sleek new Shopify store and the transition was fantastic. We were up and running very quickly without any major complications. Would highly suggest this service to anyone wanting to migrate to a new shopping cart system.
The site we had migrated was http://www.CircleTrackSupply.com if you want to see it! 😀
We recently migrated from X-Cart to Magento. The Cart2Cart service migrated thousands and thousands of products, users and orders flawlessly, Saving me over a weeks worth of programming time, (in a one man department that’s major).
We had a small hiccup early in the process and the staff was on it quickly and solved the issue.
One piece of advice for non-techies. If the store is simple you can probably do it yourself, if it’s a complex situation, (multi store etc.) you might try their service, (they might have been able to save me even more time and I am a techie).
Thanks folks, I’d recommend this to anyone about to undertake a store migration.
... see 80 more carts
... see 80 more carts