How to create redirects after migrations from/to WooCommerce?
Cart2Cart creates redirects to the new products and categories during migration from or to WooCommerce as an additional option. Before the data transfer, however, you need to install a free “Redirection” plugin.
- Install the plugin:
- Enter your WooCommerce Admin Panel
- Hold the mouse over Plugins in the Left Nav menu and choose Add New
- Enter "Redirection" in the search field
- Tap on Install Now button
- Once the installation is finished, click on Activate
- Choose Installed Plugins from the Plugins tab
- Find "Redirection" and click on Settings
- Press Start Setup button
- Check "Monitor permalink changes in WordPress posts and pages" and "Keep a log of all redirects and 404 errors". Click on Continue Setup
- Click on Finish Setup
- Tap on Finished and your plugin is ready to use!
Additionaly, we suggest implementing such settings in Permalinks menu in your WooCommerce admin panel:
(step to Settings->Permalinks, choose Post Name in the Common Settings section and Default in the Product Permalinks one)