So, you've successfully migrated your online store data to WooCommerce (possibly - with the help of Cart2Cart). Now it's high time to start configuring the newly-established store to begin selling goods asap. Read carefully, because we are about to provide you with tons of useful info on how to handle the WooCommerce platform right after the transfer is over!
Adjust your brand-new WooCommerce store
First off, go to WooCommerce → Settings. In the General settings tab, you'll have to indicate your store's address, selling /shipping locations, configure customer addresses, enable taxes and coupons. Also, make sure you set up the default currency of your online store.
Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Products → General to configure checkout settings, select measurement units, enable/disable product reviews and ratings.
Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Products → Inventory to edit inventory options. In this tab, you can enable and configure stock management, notifications, etc.
- To enable taxes, go to the Settings section in the WooCommerce admin panel.
- In the General tab, tick the Enable tax rates and calculations box and click the Save changes button.
- Next, go to the Tax tab (it will be visible only if you've enabled taxes). Select one of the options that will suit your store best:
- Once done, don't forget to save changes.
- In the Tax tab, go to the Standard rates section and fill in all the tax-related data. Alternatively, you may import data concerning taxes applicable to your country/ region.
Yes, I will enter prices inclusive of tax.
No, I will enter prices exclusive of tax.
These settings should be based on the tax jurisdiction of your store's location.
Set up Shipping
It's about time to configure your shipping options. Go to WooCommerce → Settings → Shipping. Add the necessary shipping zones and parametrize other shipping options (.i.e., Calculation, Destination, and Debug Mode).
Add Payment Gateways
To enable your store's payment options, go to WooCommerce → Settings → Payments. Here, you can configure how the available payments are displayed on the store's frontend, as well as set up the necessary ones.
More info here:
Import Data to Analytics
Analytics is a powerful tool that will help you in WooCommerce store management.
- To configure your data import to Analytics, go to Analytics → Settings, and choose the order statuses that you wish to exclude from the reports (the unchecked ones are included). Also, it is possible to use the preconfigured default settings.
- Next, in the Actionable Statuses section, tick those order statuses that are to be included in the records. As an alternative, you can use the preconfigured default settings as well.
- Once finished, please, set the Date Range for your analytics report and click the Save Settings button.
- When ready, click the Start button to begin data import and wait till the system generates your report.
Configure WooCommerce Store Design
Select the relevant theme yourself
It is important how you present your store to clients. Therefore, make sure you choose the most appropriate theme. You've got a few options to decide:
- A pre-designed WooCommerce theme. Feel free to download any of the available themes (both free and paid ones) from the official marketplace.
- Storefront theme. The company offers its users an intuitive and flexible WordPress theme that is perfect for eCommerce beginners and experienced users. It's very responsive and highly-customizable.
- Template Monster. It's a third-party marketplace offering users thousands of themes that would suit even the most exquisite tastes.
More detailed recommendations on how to choose the WooCommerce theme can be found here.
...or hire WooCommerce design professionals
If you wish to create a professionally-looking online store but have no extra time to do it yourself, consider resorting to design agencies. Here are a few leading WooCommerce design companies for you to choose from:
- Coalition Technologies - an online firm that provides high-quality SEO & web design services.
- Supreme Solutions - a full-service website development company with its web designers, copywriters, backend engineers, Magento developers, marketers, and SEO analysts.
- MidKnight Genius - Web Design and Development Digital agency that specializes in building websites, driving a new audience, and creating social media campaigns.
- Ideawebservices - custom web programming and design company.
- Mammoth - web design & development company that specializes in making beautiful, usable, and affordable websites.
- Roslin Design - creative web design company that provides web design, website hosting, and website management services.
- Digitalwise - a full-service digital marketing agency that connects brands with people and makes every interaction count.
- Anyware - Web & Marketing agency that assists their clients in business growth.
- Website Design by Doug Walker - Doug Walker is a website designer specializing in WordPress design, customization, redesign, clean up, and repair.
- Splat Graphics - company specializes in Web site design, Content Management Systems, construction of Interactive sites, database design and implementation, custom software development.
- Ayokay - a full-service digital agency with a passion for guiding businesses to success.
Add extra functionality with WooCommerce extensions
Official WooCommerce extension store has thousands of plugins to choose from. They are divided into categories according to the sphere of use: payments, shipping, marketing, store enhancements, subscriptions, etc. Therefore, to ease the process of selecting the necessary ones, we have made a list of the most popular modules.
WooCommerce Extensions to install after migration
- Contact Form by WPForms – Drag & Drop Form Builder for WordPress - create beautiful contact forms, feedback forms, subscription forms, payment forms, etc.
- Akismet Spam Protection - checks comments and contact form submissions to prevent from publishing malicious content.
- Braintree for WooCommerce Payment Gateway - lets store owners accept credit cards and PayPal payments on WooCommerce store via Braintree.
- Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan - the extension includes an endpoint firewall, and malware scanner protects WordPress-based store.
- Redirection - helps manage 301 redirects, keep track of 404 errors, and improve your store's ranking.
- Mailchimp for WooCommerce - is the world's largest marketing automation platform that allows sending targeted campaigns, automatically follow up with customers post-purchase, recommend products, recover abandoned carts, and measure the ROI.
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist - the app was designed for saving favorite products, finding and buying them. Customers can share the wishlist with relatives and friends via social media.
- WPS Hide Login - the plugin lets store owners safely change the URL of the login form page by intercepting page requests.
- Social Media Share Buttons & Social Sharing Icons - enables AMP content publishing with WordPress in a fully and seamlessly integrated way with the platform's standard mechanisms.
- WordPress Social Sharing Plugin – Sassy Social Share - assists in sharing the content over Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, Parler, and over 100 more social sharing and bookmarking services.
- WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery - sends an automated series of easily-customizable follow-up emails to those users who haven't completed the purchase.
- Variation Swatches for WooCommerce - offers an aesthetic and professional experience to select attributes for variation products.
- Easy HTTPS Redirection (SSL) - plugin helps automatically set up redirection to the HTTPS version of an URL when anyone tries to access the non-HTTPS version.
- WP-DBManager - allows you to optimize, repair, backup, restore, delete backup database, drop/empty tables, and run selected queries.
- Ajax Search for WooCommerce - gives users a well-designed advanced AJAX search bar with live search suggestions.
- WP Database Backup - helps to create Database Backup and Restore Database Backup quickly in a single click.
- Image optimization & Lazy Load by Optimole - the all-in-one solution to any of the image optimization needs.
- Chat Button by GetButton.io (ex. WhatsHelp) - takes website visitors directly to the messaging app (e.g., Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp) and allows them to initiate a conversation with a store owner.
- Lightweight Social Icons - is an easy to use, lightweight social icon widget that lets display favorite social profile icons.
- WooCommerce Advanced Free Shipping - plugin helps set up advanced rules to determine when a free shipping rate should be available for the customer.
- Perfect Brands for WooCommerce - helps store organization, highlights the brands, and serves as a filter for customers at UX exploration.
Digital Agencies that will help you in WooCommerce store setup
In case you lack the time and wish to configure the WooCommerce store without any delays, there are numerous web development companies available on the market today. Check out the list of the most trustworthy agencies that we recommend hiring:
- Yanduu - an online marketing company consisting of programmers, editors, marketing consultants, analysts, and customer consultants.
- Creative Glance - build websites based on the latest web standards providing the best possible solutions to different types of businesses (small to enterprise-sized).
- Updivision - software development company that loves growth and helps its clients grow by providing smart digital solutions.
- Synapseindia - company provides its clients with end-to-end IT services and solutions, including web development, design, eCommerce services, etc.
- Elephant Room - a performance-driven digital agency that seamlessly blends technology, creativity, and marketing to accelerate eCommerce growth.
- Whidegroup - boutique e-commerce website development company delivering e-commerce solutions that provide advanced business value to entrepreneurs.
- XML - web development company that builds, hosts, secures, and updates websites on multiple platforms.
- Aura Internet - designs and develops robust and interactive websites, specializes in e-commerce, and offers a range of online promotion and marketing services to maximize the impact of their customers' web presence.
- Pixel By Pixel - global eCommerce company that provides design, development & e-commerce services.
- 216digital.com - eCommerce Web design and development company providing a wide range of services to online store owners.
- crisp digital - creative Marketing and Design agency that partners with ambitious businesses that are ready to digitally transform the way they work, creating seamless customer experiences that drive revenue.
- Ethos Binary - a digital company that designs, develops, deploys and supports technology solutions while maintaining quality and value that exceeds standards.
- BA Creative - digital marketing and web design firm that helps clients achieve business goals with their strategic design and development skills.
- Insight Marketing Design - a full-service marketing and digital advertising agency with a unique insight-based approach. They offer extensive experience in creating effective messaging in all formats, allowing companies of all sizes to realize remarkable returns on their marketing investment.
- Hipglossdesigns - IT and Web design solution specializing in website builds, repair, upgrades, and security.
- Envision Media Web - a company with the expertise and experience to strategically plan, design, and develop an online solution from website design to search engine optimization.
Start your online trade
Now you're all set to conquer the world with your brand-new WooCommerce store. We hope that this tutorial has helped you figure out some of the post-migration issues, and you've overcome them successfully.
Considering a WooCommerce migration any time soon? How about doing it in a totally automated way with Cart2Cart? Spare 15 minutes of your time and try it free now! We’re here to guide you every step of the way!