Sometimes, it happens that the e-store outgrows its current platform, and merchants strive for more advanced functionality. That is where the concept of replatforming comes in. Today we'll show you how easy it is to migrate BigCommerce to WooCommerce and provide you with the most comprehensive guide on how to perform the transfer with a minimum of fuss. Read on!
How to Migrate from BigCommerce to WooCommerce in 4 Steps
- Provide the necessary BigCommerce and WooCommerce access details to configure your carts.
- Pick data entities you want to move to WooCommerce.
- Try the free demo migration option to see the service in action.
- Go for the full transfer of your BigCommerce data to WooCommerce.
Watch our video tutorial to see how easy it is to automatically migrate from BigCommerce to WooCommerce with the help of the Cart2Cart migration tool:
What is BigCommerce and WooCommerce Migration?
BigCommerce to WooCommerce migration can be performed in several possible ways. Still, an automated approach is regarded as the most popular one, requiring minimal human involvement and no tech expertise. Transferring data with the assistance of services like Cart2Cart, helps you save not only money but time and resources.
BigCommerce vs WooCommerce. Introduction
BigCommerce is a hosted all-in-one eCommerce platform. It provides its users with a full array of necessary services - hosting, design, management, marketing tools, SEO, security, and supported payment gateways. BigCommerce is an ideal starting point for small businesses. Basically, to establish a store, one needs to purchase an eligible pricing plan. Although online retail begins to grow in the number of products and customers, the solution may lack customization features.
WooCommerce, on the contrary, is a free eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It is considered to be the most scalable and customizable cart. Due to its open-source nature, WooCommerce requires a domain and a separate web-hosting provider. Thus, you are free to choose the most suitable ones and are not tied up to a limited list of options. Even though the solution has a steep learning curve, it provides users with all the necessary tools to run a successful online store. WooCommerce suits both small to enterprise-level businesses.
If we check the statistics, the WooCommerce is an absolute winner here. At the moment, it powers 7,168,281 live websites (29% of an overall market share), whereas the number of BigCommerce websites is 145,974 (3% of a total market share).
Don't miss the chance to expand your business opportunities with the WooCommerce! Perform a free demo migration with Cart2Cart today.
Reasons for BigCommerce to WooCommerce Migration
BigCommerce and WooCommerce both have their strong and weak sides. The choice of the future platform primarily depends on the level of your tech expertise, budget estimates, and individual preferences. In case your store has already surpassed the functionality of BigCommerce, and you are currently considering WooCommerce as your destination point, here's the list of its benefits:
- Completely free solution without monthly fees and any hidden costs or charges.
- Wide range of both free and paid themes and plugins (including the 3rd party ones).
- Seamless WordPress integration gives access to the numerous WP extensions, themes, and tutorials.
- Unique customization features are achieved through direct access to the code via browser and FTP. Therefore, it is possible to add, remove and edit scripts according to one’s personal preferences
- Support of numerous payment gateways.
- Large support community with lots of study guides, ebooks, and developer-friendly docs.
- Reporting tools make it easy to monitor all the key business metrics from the WP Admin.
How to Migrate from BigCommerce to WooCommerce?
So, if you wish to move data from BigCommerce to WooCommerce store automatedly, we recommend you to follow these simple steps:
Review the BigCommerce Store
It is essential to go through your store, check all the data's relevance and correctness, and delete everything outdated and no longer needed. Also, even though Cart2Cart doesn't remove any of the store's information, we advise you to save it to any of the internal devices.
Additionally, you may calculate the price of the given replatforming using our Migration Estimator.
Configure the WooCommerce Store
Create a WordPress account, download the WooCommerce Plugin, and install it.
If you haven’t made the final decision concerning your future platform, try the Migration Preview Service and transfer a limited amount of data to Cart2Cart’s test store. But, please, note that it will be available online only for three days.
Simplify your migration process with the Cart2Cart: BigCommerce to WooCommerce Migration plugin.
Set up Source & Target Carts
To configure your Target Cart, select BigCommerce from the pop-up menu. Provide its URL and other required credentials (client ID, access token, and API path). Please, read our FAQ for further details.
Next, choose WooCommerce as your Target Cart, copy all the necessary information (admin URL, login, and password) to the respective fields, and proceed to the further stage by clicking the "Choose entities" button.
Select the Desired Data Entities
Now, you have to decide which data will be moved from BigCommerce to the WooCommerce store. Tick the "Select all" box or choose from the list of supported entities:
- Products (reviews, categories, manufacturers, taxes)
- Customers (orders)
- Blogs (posts)
Explore Additional Migration Options
At this stage, you're offered an opportunity to make the migration process even more comfortable by choosing some of the advanced settings (this step is non-compulsory):
- It is possible to redirect products and categories URLs from your current store to the future one with the help of “Create 301 redirects on your target store after migration” option. But keep in mind that migration to the WooCommerce requires the installment of a free plugin - “Redirection.”
- Also, you can preserve your BigCommerce store order IDs by choosing the “Preserve order IDs on Target Store” option and installing the additional free WooCommerce Sequential Order Number extension.
Perform Data Mapping
The next step in the Migration Wizard is data mapping. It will assist you in matching the BigCommerce order statuses and customer groups to the corresponding WooCommerce custom order statuses and customer groups store.
Also, bear in mind that order statuses mapping requires you to set up the free YITH WooCommerce Custom Order Status plugin before the migration.
Start Demo Migration
This stage is also optional, but we recommend you not to skip it. The Demo Migration is entirely free and lets you move up to 30 data entities from the BigCommerce store to the WooCommerce in just 30 minutes. Hence, you will try the service in action and will be able to check how your store looks on a new platform.
Another essential thing to keep in mind - do not close your browser window while the data transfer is still in process.
Continue with the Full Migration
If the Demo Migration results lived up to your expectations, do not hesitate to run a Full migration of your store from BigCommerce to WooCommerce. It is safe to close your browser window now and return to ordinary business activities.
Check out our infographic to get a better understanding of the migration process via Cart2Cart:
How to Migrate BigCommerce Products to WooCommerce
The easiest way to migrate BigCommerce products to WooCommerce is to use an automated migration service, Cart2Cart. Simply navigate to the Migration Wizard and check the Products box while configuring your data transfer.
Also, you can use the in-built WooCommerce functionality to import products to your store from the CSV file:
- Tap the Import button in the Product menu of your admin panel.
- Configure the import process via CSV file.
- Start the product transfer by clicking the Run the importer button.
How to Export Orders from BigCommerce to WooCommerce
To export your orders to CSV (or XML) file, click Export orders in your Orders menu.
Next, configure the export and tap the Export my orders to a CSV file.
Once finished, download your BigCommerce orders CSV file.
Once you've received an email notification that the Full migration of your store is finished, feel free to:
- Go through your store and check it for the standard errors, register new users, carry out test shopping.
- Enhance its overall look and productivity by installing WooCommerce themes and extensions.
- Transfer all the new data (in case it has occurred on the BigCommerce store during the replatforming) with the help of our Recent Data Migration service.
BigCommerce to WooCommerce Migration FAQs
Does BigCommerce integrate with WooCommerce?
No, BigCommerce and WooCommerce are two completely different eCommerce solutions. You can only run your store on one of them (i.e., there's no possibility to integrate both platforms). But if you wish to change your current platform, you can easily move to WooCommerce or BigCommerce using the Cart2Cart service.
Is BigCommerce good for ecommerce?
Definitely. It is one of the leading platforms on the eCommerce market. It offers users a great variety of integrated features and helps in selling on different social media channels (e.g., Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
How to import BigCommerce to WooCommerce?
- Set up Source and Target carts by providing the needed access info.
- Select data for your BigCommerce to WooCommerce import.
- Run the free demo transfer to WooCommerce.
- Launch the full database migration of your online store from BigCommerce to WooCommerce.
Usually, things like store transfer seem impossible until they are done. Remember, a human being can move mountains, especially with the right tools at hand. So, stop losing time, perform BigCommerce to WooCommerce migration, and improve your eCommerce business.
Don't miss the chance to welcome new customers to your brand-new store on a more advanced platform. Try the free demo today!