PrestaShop is one of the most complete and flexible e-Commerce solutions on the web. Since it was launched in 2007, this shopping cart has transformed into a featurable platform which can meet the requirements of most freakish merchants. PrestaShop Team works hard to improve the functionality and constantly presents new releases. As a result, they reached 3 000 000 downloads till September 2013.
As far as PrestaShop released 1.5 version of the shopping cart, it provides a couple of new features:
- The first and one of the most important - revamped multi-store function which provides a possibility to manage several stores from one back-office;
- Order editing and creating from back-office provides an opportunity to change ordered products, cancel separate items from the order, etc;
- Better performance and new technical tools will also improve the store management and decrease the level of shopping cart abandonment;
- Core code was rewritten and now it is easier for developers to make any changes in a source code;
- New front office default theme which will definitely improve customers experience;
- And more.
Moreover, PrestaShop has presented a 1-click upgrade module for this new release. From the other side, Cart2Cart provides an alternative upgrade method. You can create v1.5 store from scratch and move all the data from v1.4 store to a new one. Moreover, there is no need to dive into a source code or download any software. This process will not influence your current store availability. Customers will be able to browse your store pages, as a result, you can keep processing orders. So, look through our Prezi to understand how simple it is to upgrade Prestashop 1.4 to 1.5 with Cart2Cart.
Now you know main benefits of alternative method of PrestaShop update. If you still have any questions, feel free to contact our Support Team. If everything is clear you can begin effortless upgrade PrestaShop 1.4 to 1.5 right away.